By using this site you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions of the Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) website. Below you can find legal information about our website, including copyright, disclaimer and privacy policies.
Copyright of the content of the Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) website - consisting of design, text, graphics, images, source code and other materials - remains at all times the copyright of Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) or with associated third parties. Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) grant permission to electronically copy, and print to hard copy, information from this website only for use within school premises.
Changes and modification
No changes, modifications or alterations may be made to materials from this site without written consent from Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council). If information from this site is used for educational purposes then an acknowledgement of Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) as the owner must accompany the material. Materials from this site cannot be re published or distributed in any format without written permission from Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council).
Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, we accept no liability for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate material contained in this site.
External Web Links
This website contains links to other web sites. Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other web sites nor is it responsible for the content of those sites.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for www.schoolsict.co.uk - the Schools ICT website. It applies solely to this website.
Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/7/2012.
Information collection and use
• Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council), as the data collector, may collect some information from visitors to this site. This information is used only to respond to enquiries and to monitor site usage. We will not pass on these details to third parties or use them for any other purposes unless instructed by you to do so.
• Cookies and logging of IP addresses are used to enable us to monitor site traffic and repeat visitor statistics. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. Such information is anonymous and held on a temporary basis.
• You will not receive unsolicited paper or electronic mail as a result of using an electronic form unless we have explicitly requested and received your permission.
• Where personal data is requested through forms, such data is only used for the purpose stated on the form and will not be given or sold to any third parties.
• Schools ICT (North Yorkshire County Council) complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Questions or comments
If you have questions or comments about this policy or if you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy please contact us at
SICT (Schools ICT)
North Yorkshire County Council
Technology and Change
Send us an email using our contact form