Windows 10 has been out for over a year now, and during that time has settled down to become a very reliable operating system. Many organisations are still reluctant to move on from Windows 7 but, unless you have a critical piece of software that will only run on that particular operating system, there is really no reason not to move on to Windows 10 now.
- SIMS is now fully supported on Windows 10.
- RM Finance will run on Windows 10.
- Windows 10 is designed to work with Office 365.
- Microsoft Edge now supports extensions (Anniversary Update required).
- Windows 10 starts up more quickly and shows better performance generally.
- Windows 10 is more secure, and has BitLocker encryption built in.
How Do I Get Windows 10?
If your school has an EES (Enrolment for Education Solutions) agreement then you will be able to obtain a Windows 10 upgrade licence for free. Just get in touch with Schools ICT and we will be able to arrange the best way to get you upgraded, be it for just a single machine or the whole school.
If you are considering replacing some computers, then your new ones will come with Windows 10. Schools ICT can supply you with great value PCs and laptops, that include warranties, and can also do all the work required to replace your old computers, including the transfer of data and applications.
If you still have questions then please get in touch with Schools ICT and we will be happy to answer them. Whether it is just the upgrade of a single PC, or the replacement of a whole computer suite Schools ICT has the experience and expertise to make sure you make the right choices and get the very best experience from your ICT investment.