Hassle free mobile phone packages from Schools ICT exclusively for Schools
*for calls to landlines starting 01/02/03, EE, Orange, T-Mobile and numbers with the prefix 0800, 0808, 0500
Pick your package, choose your handset ...... congratulations you're ready to go.
- Phone & Texting only - £4.50 per month
- Smartphones (access the internet, email, apps, phone and text) - £12 per month
- Phone and texting handsets from £49 Smartphone devices from £100
Choose from a range of EE compatible handsets
- for phone and texting only we recommend the Mobiwire Oneida
- for smartphones we recommend the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Handset price comparisons available on the full range of options
- Handset options updated monthly
View the October 2020 handset comparison table* October 2020 Handset Comparison Table
*Please note some of these items are subject to change
Ask for a Quote
Ask Schools ICT for a quote through SLA online* and we'll work out your personalised price.
*please help us by stating which phone you prefer and which data package you want.
In More Detail
The service is provided by Schools ICT and takes advantage of the NYCC Corporate Contract underpinned by Virgin Media - in partnership with the EE network. So everywhere the EE network covers you'll be able to get a signal. But if you're not sure then provide Schools ICT with a postcode and we'll will test the coverage for you.
Our contracts run for 24 months with a fixed monthly charge for the entire duration of the contract - so you will know exactly what you are paying - no costly surprises.
Easy billing - monthly charges for all handsets and additional international calls are accumulated into one annual bill and billed through Oracle.
If your phone is lost or stolen Schools ICT can stop calls and centrally deactivate the phone preventing access to any stored information.
If you want to upgrade handsets or your handset goes missing the contract is still active so all you need to do is purchase a replacement handset and Schools ICT can link it to your existing contract.
Need to keep in touch? - access your email and calendar through Office 365
Your handset will support MIS apps which allow access on the go - depending on your MIS supplier there may be a charge for the mobile app
Your phone can act as a tether to the internet for your laptop or tablet so you can access your files even when out of the office - useful for outdoor lessons, field trips etc
Worried about connection to the Internet? - we can add your phone to your Smoothwall account - so you will get the same internet filtering and monitoring protection as in school
GDPR and Mobile Phones
Advice is not to store any data on the phone and just use it to connect to and app which should be GDPR compliant.
Schools ICT will only install apps that are GDPR compliant and can lock the phone so data can only be saved within these GDPR compliant apps.
You can be confident in knowing that any pupil data will be secure and governed by the app and NYCC data protection policies minimising GDPR infringements.
As an extra layer of protection phones can be encrypted although there is a cost for set up.
Going over the monthly allowance
Your contract comes with 3000 minutes, 3000 texts per month and 1 GB of data allowance. Please note there is a charge for calls, texts and data usage in excess of the monthly allowance:
- UK Calls to landlines (01/02/03) 2p per minute
- UK Calls to other EE and Orange mobiles 2p per minute
- UK Calls to other mobiles, including T-Mobile mobiles 2p per minute
- UK Calls to numbers with the prefix 0800, 0808 and 0500 free of charge
- UK Text Messages 3p per text message
* Please note going over your 1GB data allowance and calls made to premuim rate numbers will be charged in addtion to your monthly contract
Contact your Relationship Manager at NYES