If you have multiple email accounts and want to interact with all your mail in one place - i.e all emails from 2 or more email accounts will be delivered to 1 inbox.
- Login to Office 365 with the user who wants to access both emails
- Click on the Cog symbol in the top right of the screen and then select options
- In account click on connected account
- Click the + to add connected account
- Enter in the email address of the account you want to view and the associated password
- If you get a warning - click Ok
- Click on the word IMAP to configure the Imap settings for the other account
- Enter in the appropriate IMAP account Connection – i.e. the email settings of the ‘other’ email account.
- Click on Server information and enter appropriate information:
If connecting to another Office 365 account use the following information.
Incoming server: outlook.office365.com
- Click Save
- A message will be displayed click Ok
- A verification email will be sent
- Email will start downloading into the users inbox - click on the link in the Connection Verification email
- Click on Take me to my Outlook Web App Mailbox
- When sending email you will have the option to send email from the other user account.
Office 365 Contact Lists are lists of individual email addresses linked by a shared list name and allows you to pick this list name when sending an email, saving you the time of adding lots of separate individual email addresses. (In the past these might have been called personal distribution groups.)
The new Office 365 feature - Office 365 Groups are groups of users who want to share an email address, an electronic work space and a calendar.
Office 365 Groups are designed for groups of users who want to collaborate on projects.
- Using any Internet browser, (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox) go to http://mail.office365.com
- Sign in using your email address and your initial login password.
Initial password: Bafu2630
You will be asked to change your password.
- Your new password must be longer than 7 characters in length, and a mixture of numbers and upper and lower case letters to create a strong password.
You need to enter your initial password in the top box then your chosen password in the lower two boxes.
- Click the save button to continue.
- Once you have successfully changed your password, you will be asked to log back in.
- Enter in your new password, and then click the Sign in.
- On the Outlook Web App, you are required to select your Language and Time Zone
Select the (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London Time zone.
- Then click Save
- For further information on how to use your new email a Summary User guide is available
Sharing a calendar with other school users
- Sign into Office 365 portal with the main school admin@ account.
- Click Calendar on the top bar.
- Right click on MY CALENDAR and click on new calendar
- Type in a name for the new calendar - i.e. School Calendar and then press enter. 5. Right click on the School Calendar and select share calendar
- In the Share with dialog box, start typing the name of the user you want to share the calendar with, to confirm the name click Search Contacts & Directory and select the returned name.
- Once the user has been selected you have the option to give 2 security permissions:
Full details - view all information in the calendar
Editor - delete and modify calendar entries
Select an appropriate permission
- Click SEND
- If you want to check who has access, right click on the Calendar name and select permissions…
- You can change the users individual permissions by clicking on the drop down box, an email will be sent to the user informing of the changes.