- Helps you stay connected to the people who are important to you via instant messaging, audio and video calls, and online meetings and presentations.
- Will allow you to connect to Personal Skype users via instant messaging or video. Requires a Microsoft Office 365 Education License.
If you require assistance with setting up Skype for Business, please contact Schools ICT support on 01609 536086 and select option 1.
Let’s go through some basic Skype for Business tasks to get you started.
First check which version of Office you have installed:
- Start a Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Click the File tab in the ribbon.
- Then click Account.
- On the right, click the About button.
- The top of the box will mention either 32 bit or 64 bit
- Make a note of your version
Download and install Skype for Business using the following link:
- Microsoft Skype for Business Basic
- Click Download
- Choose the download you want – tick the option appropriate for your version
x64_en-us.exe for 64 bit or x86_en-us.exe for 32 bit
- Click next then Save and run the file it downloads