Last updated: 05-05-2017
Sharing a calendar with other school users
- Sign into Office 365 outlook mail with the main school admin@ account.
- Click Calendar from the bottom bar
- Right click on YOUR CALENDARS and click on new calendar
- Type in a name for the new calendar - i.e. School Calendar and then press enter.
- Right click on the School Calendar and select share calendar
- In the Share with dialog box, start typing the name of the user you want to share the calendar with, to confirm the name click Search Contacts & Directory and select the returned name.
- Once the user has been selected you have the option to give 2 security permissions:
Full details - view all information in the calendar
Editor - delete and modify calendar entries
Select an appropriate permission
- Click SEND
- If you want to check who has access, right click on the Calendar name and select permissions…
- You can change the users individual permissions by clicking on the drop down box, an email will be sent to the user informing of the changes.
How to access a Shared Calendar
- An email will be sent to the users
- If you are accessing this email from a web browser - click on the link + ADD CALENDAR
NOTE: - use the following instructions for opening a shared calendar in a different version of Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912265
- Then click on Calendar on the top bar
- The school calendar will be displayed under other calendars section
By default your personal calendar will be selected, you can also select the shared Admin - School Calendar, this will be display both calendars side by side
If the Calendar entry has been made private no details will be shown
If the shared calendar recipient has Editor Permission they will be able to Edit Delete entries.
Sharing a Calendar with external users
Important Note: A new sharing policy may need to be created and associated with the user account that wants to share the Calendar. (The Sharing policy is created using PowerShell – please contact Schools ICT helpdesk)
- Sign into Office 365 portal with the main school admin@ account.
- Click Calendar on the top bar.
- Right click on MY CALENDAR and click on new calendar
- Type in a name for the new calendar - i.e. School Public Calendar and then press enter
- To configure the calendar for external access, right click on the Calendar name and select permissions…
- In the OUTSIDE ORGANIZATION settings, change Public Calendar permissions from Not shared to Full Detail.
- Then click Save
To find the public URL to view the calendar, go back to the calendar list, open the context menu (Right-click on the Calendar name), and select Permissions. There will be two links under Public calendar; select View calendar to open your calendar as a webpage so that you can copy the URL. The URL to view your calendar will allow users to view your calendar as a webpage.
Sharing a Calendar with a Group
To Share Calendars with a Group of users you need to create a Security Group (Distribution groups DO NOT work) in the Exchange Admin Center.
Create a Security group (Either static or dynamic) and add the users you want to access the calendar.