Last updated: 19-11-2018
There are a number on tasks email users can complete before their mailboxes are backed up and moved to a new Office 365 Tenancy, these task should speed up the transfer process.
All three processes are recommended to speed up the migration of the mailbox.
- Clear Junk Folder
- Clear other email folders
- Empty the Deleted items
Login in to your Office 365 account and view your email - https://mail.office365.com
Clear the Junk Folder
- Under folders click More
- In the full email folder list - select Junk Email
- Check you Junk email folder and if appropriate - right click on the folder and select Empty folder - This will remove all Junk email.
- Or Delete Junk email manually and move non-junk email to appropriate folders, by selecting Move to a different folder… and selecting a folder and or identify the email as not junk by selecting - Mark as not junk.
Clear other email folders
- Go through your inbox, Clutter folder and Sent Items and if there are emails you do not require please delete.
Empty the Deleted Items
- In the full email list select Deleted Items
- Right click on Deleted Items and select Empty folder - this will clear all your mail items from the Deleted Items folder.